- Abstract, Synopsis. ~ Motto. ~ Preface, Method.
- EXCURSUS: Mathematics of the Sub-Basement Plan: lingusiticity v/s plasticity and architectural representation.
Chapter 01.: THE MATHEMATICAL 'LANGUAGE':
MODERNIST ARCHITECTURAL TYPES AS REPRESENTATIONS OF DIALECTICAL ANTAGONISMS IN HISTORY
- TYPOLOGY: the Industrial Age building type, villa as an example.
- THE MATHEMATICAL 'LANGUAGE': CODES.
- The Mathematical Language. Codes of Unification, Linear Systems & the Active Field.
- Type as a Hieroglyph and it's structure. Means of Identification: the bodily-binding surfaces & Means of Association.
- Summation: the Gaze and 'I' in Architecture: Spirit of the "Architectural Moment".
- TOPOLOGY: Le Corbusier's design process: the simultaneous generation of space and 'language', with special attention to the geometrical procedures which identify this type as a villa.
Chapter 02. LINGUISTICITY:
THE ALLEGORICAL CONTEXT & THE PROGRAMME OF THIS HOUSE.
- SPATIALITY: The Elements of House-ness & it's frame. Description of the Villa.
- Identification of Elements.
- LINEARITY: Encoding on the Architectural Promenade in the content of the frame. The Architectural Promenade.
- Allegoric Contents.
Chapter 03. THE OPEN CONCEPT
- TOPOLOGY : Concavity and Convexity. As two basic notions of space. The 'empty' signifier - the full signifier - the dynamic myth.
- TYPOLOGY : The Dom-Ino as an Integer, [R+]. Or, the indivisible unit in the chains of signification.
- POSTSCRIPT 01. On the System of Representation described above.
- POSTSCRIPT 02. On the Modernist Architectural Unities.
- Appendix: the Barthian concepts of Language & Myth.